Explore the famous Fitzroy Island on this full-day trip from Cairns.
A visit to this tropical island is undoubtedly an unforgettable experience. The lush rainforest meets sandy beaches before giving way to the marine life and coral of the Great Barrier Reef.
Fitzroy Island is an ideal full-day trip to explore the reef and rainforest. Around 99% of the island is covered in dense rainforests.
During your Fitzroy Island Day trip, explore walking tracks with stunning views and opportunities to spot native birds and wildlife. In addition to nature spots, the island has rich wartime history, operating as a military base in World War II.
A short distance from the beach, you will find the coral reefs and marine life of the Great Barrier Reef. Take up the option to add snorkelling to your full-day trip pass when booking to explore this unique habitat.
Above the surface, try the many activities on offer, such as glass-bottom boat tours, paddleboarding or relaxing on the famous Nudey Beach.
After boarding, the air-conditioned catamaran will arrive at Fitzroy Island in around 45 minutes. The Fitzroy Island Day Trip provides approximately 6 hours to explore the island.
Next, explore more ways to see Fitzroy Island.
- Return transfers Cairns to Fitzroy Island onboard the Fitzroy Island Sundancer
- Fitzroy Island National Park
- Great Barrier Reef
- Full Day on Island: 8.45 am departure from Cairns, 4.45 pm return to Cairns with 6.5 hrs on the island)
Check-in is 30 minutes prior to boarding directly at the boat, Sundancer, located at Berth 7 on A Finger at the Cairns Marlin Marina.
This Fitzroy Island trip includes Return transfers to and from Fitzroy Island only.
- Snorkel Equipment Hire (mask, snorkel, fins, lycra suit) (+ $30 adult, $25 child, $85 family 2a2c)
- Glass Bottom Boat tour ( + $20 adult, $10 child, $50 family 2a2c)
- Guided Snorkel Tour (+ $49 adult, $29 child, $127 family 2a2c)
- Kayak or SUP Hire (+ $45 / hr or $25/ half hour, each)
- Kayak or SUP Tour ( + $79 adult, $69 child)
- Photos, camera hire, souvenirs, snacks and beverages at the bar On-island spend
- Hotel coach transfers: Return City Transfers are $25 per adult and $15 per child | Return Beaches transfers are $38 per adult and $25 per child
- Towel, hat, sunscreen as well as swimwear and sunglasses
- Sturdy footwear if you intend to complete any of the Bushwalk Trails
- Cash or credit card for snacks, drinks and souvenirs
- In addition, you can bring along a picnic lunch, however, no alcohol is permitted due to the Resort liquor licensing. Foxy’s Bar is also open to purchase meals and drinks.
Fitzroy Island Sundancer Transfers depart from the Marlin Jetty in Cairns.
Check-in is 30-45 minutes before boarding directly at the boat – the Fitzroy Island Sundancer, located at Berth 7 on A Finger at the Cairns Marlin Marina.
The main beach at Fitzroy Island is a coral beach. This can be uncomfortable to walk on with bare feet, so we recommend keeping your shoes on. Once you head over to Nudey Beach, there are soft white sands which can be accessed with bare feet.